Tuesday 8 May 2012

Words appear. Then shrink

I know this is almost certainly a bad sign, but words of poetry are appearing in my head again, this is usually a pretty good indication that maybe things aren't as they should be. I'm not shocked by this.

Anyway, earlier today I said to a friend:

It's like watching a sandcastle take on the sea. Eroding, inevitably. Until nothing but memories remain.
I'll not go in to what the metaphor says about how there are times I feel I will be washed away leaving nothing but memories of the lovely times. But what I did like was that what I wrote felt poetic, so I wrote...

Facing the sea
Firmly it stands
A folly, a castle
Of perfect formed sand
 
Waves lap slowly
Eroding each grain
Inevitable. Nothing
But memories, remain
But that was too long to tweet so I got my file out...


Faces the sea
Firm it stands
A folly, a castle
Of perfect formed sand
Waves lap slow
Erode each grain
Inevitable. Naught
But memories remain


Better, and exactly 140 characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment